Join the conversation. Trust me that Facebook and Twitter will be around for awhile. Facebook started as a way to connect with friends and share pictures and random greetings, but today it's a powerful networking platform essential for businesses (but yes, it's still fun to stay connected with friends). And Twitter has been a source of extremely valuable information and resources for me (I have a tutorial in the works).
I do a little amateur writing about social media because it's fun and engaging and I sincerely wish more of my friends and family were onboard.
Read some of these articles and let me know what you think. I'd be happy to answer your questions or give my opinion on anything I've wrote or thoughts you've had on the subject.
Here's a list of all the articles on the blog regarding Social Media.
Here's some of the articles by title:
- Training Log: I Use DailyMile.com
- What I learned from the Haiti Challenge (using social media for charitable giving)
- How I keep up with 47 blogs per day
- Controlling Facebook "Noise"
- Social Media Revolution (cool video)