Sunday, September 06, 2009

Reviewing Books

A few months back I stumbled upon a blog by Michael Hyatt, CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing.  Somewhere in there I found out that they have a blogger review program.  The idea is that they ship you an advanced copy of a book in return for a book review that you post on your blog, their website, and at least one commercial site (such as Amazon).  Well I'm always a fan of free stuff and I figured it would be a good way to add some goals to my reading habit and challenge me in my writing hobby.

The first book I received was Fearless by Max Lucado.  I've read a few of Max's books, so I knew what to expect.  But what convinced me to choose this book was Hyatt's raving review of the book - that it was one of the most timely books written considering the state of our nation.  And did I mention it was free?  I'll be reviewing the book Tuesday morning, so please check out the review and post a comment of you're so inclined - the publishers will appreciate your feedback and attention.

I've already got the next book - it's by one of my favorite authors, Donald Miller.  His new book is entitled A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.  I'm so excited to read this because Katie has already stole my copy and is at page 190 in less than 48 hours!  Michael Hyatt liked the book so much that he included a second copy so that we could give one away, so I'll be giving away a free copy on my blog on Tuesday September 8th.  Stay tuned if you're interested!

No comments: