Saturday, January 19, 2008

Center of Attention

All week I have had memories of 1996-97 when the Packers were making their great Super Bowl runs. I wasn't listening to sports radio like I do now, but I was into SportsCenter much more than I watch now. Sports Illustrated was on my desk every week. There was a buzz about all the cold-weather conditions, Lambeau Field, and the storied Green Bay Packers. The Packers were the center of attention, and after a ten-year span of mediocrity we are back to the center of attention.

The pictures of their green and gold popping out from a snowed-out landscape doesn't get old for me. Green Bay gets all the glory, but Foxborough will be not much warmer:: The weather forecast for Green Bay on Sunday: a high of 11 degrees. For Foxborough: a high of 16.

But weather has always played a part in memorable football games. Check out this ESPN Zoom Gallery and don't miss pictures 2,3, and 12.

For more information including stats, video, and photos of cold-weather football, check out the sidebar titled "More on Frigid Football".

No comments: