Briefly, let me reflect on what I'm thankful for. Let me start with the Big Rocks:
- Family: Katie is such an amazing mother. She works so hard and makes me so proud. Sorin is healthy and a joy to watch as he plays throughout the day and grows up before our eyes.
- My job: While this isn't a career for me, Bill at H&H Arborists is an excellent employer. I've learned a lot from him and had an opportunity to grow in my leadership and management.
- My parents: mom and dad are right across the street and have helped with Sorin and other duties around our house. They are very giving individuals, both of their time and their resources.
- My in-laws: Steve and Sue are very welcoming and involved in our lives as we work into parenthood.
- My relationship with God: My rock and my Savior. All comfort and security is found in the Creator.
And then I'm thankful for many things that are along a different line of thinking. Let me explain:
- My gifts and abilities: I am discovering day after day how God has established qualities in me that show how He will use me in this world. Sure, I'm frustrated with certain areas of life (I'm not in the career field I want to be in) but he's given me passions and skills, thoughts and ideas to where I can see where this is leading me in the future.
- Social Media: I have the ability to keep up with so much information right now. I follow top notch pastors from around the country. I hear industry tips and best practices from exercise specialists who are further along in their career than me which motivates me and my business plans. I have relationships with friends on Facebook that weren't possible years ago because they've moved away. Social media has allowed me to be hyper-connected and it's a really good thing.
- Things that are FREE: With so much information and good products available, think of what we get for free. Google has made everything knowable within seconds. My blog freely allows me to reflect on life and share it with whoever wants to listen (all five of you). Twitter allow me to listen to and write to thousands of people on a variety of subjects. And YouTube allows me to watch U2 live from the Rose Bowl, all for free.
- My health: I love running. I won't be winning any races any time soon but working out is enjoyable for me. I'm always up for a challenge and my goals are changing by the season.
- My career goals: God gave me the passion for exercise and education. I feel like I've been charged with helping people become healthier individuals and this is an admirable calling in life. God has instilled this in me and continues to bless me with the thoughts and ideas required to have a successful business and affect on my community.
- The Office and Community: Katie and I laugh weekly very hard when we watch these two shows.
- Sorin's Puma sweatsuit from Grant and Jes: You've got to see him in this - he should have one of these outfits at every stage of his growth.
I'm very thankful on many different levels. We live in a very privileged society and we should never forget that.