Saturday, March 07, 2009

What I'm Reading

Leaders are readers. I can't even begin to talk about how much I wish I had time to read. It really takes discipline. And like so many people I talk with, I'm into about six different books. But the best one I'm reading (my focus at the moment) is 7 Habits for Highly Effective People.

I was actually first introduced to the teen version of this when I was taking some high school health students through it. I was amazed at how practical and effective it was for this age group. And I'd always had a copy of the original, but never got around to reading it.

Currently I'm on the third habit:
  • Habit 1: Be Proactive: Principles of Personal Choice
  • Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind: Principles of Personal Vision
  • Habit 3: Put First Things First: Principles of Integrity & Execution
It's always good to return to the basics - personal leadership and discipline.

No comments: