Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Favre

So I guess you could say it took me about 35 hours to get to this point: where I could publicly talk about the retirement of Brett Favre. When I heard it on the radio, I really didn't know what to do with the news. I was certainly disappointed, but more so I was just really sad. We all knew the day would come "one of these years."

But why now? Why not two years ago, when he was coming back to a really crappy team? Why now when the team is so good and we are so close to the Super Bowl?

I'm not calling it a man-crush. I'm calling it fully-devoted appreciation of the blessing Brett Favre has been to Packer fans for 16 years.

Katie got a little annoyed this season when I insisted on watching every game. I told her then and I reminded her now that my reason was simple - I knew this day was coming, and that when it did, we'd no longer be entertained by the hero and the legend that is #4.

So last night I was able to look up some videos and pics from Brett's career. They're so rich with meaning and stories. My favorite is probably this, Favre Soundbites (ESPN).

But I found some good pics too that I can share now. I'll post some more material later.












(below) Diving for the game winning touchdown in the last game at County Stadium.

No comments: