Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hanging It Up

For the last 3+ years, I've been building up a small tree care business and enjoying life as an entrapaneur. A few weeks ago I got a call from a P.E. teacher who I did my student teaching with. He's going on 3 months paternaty leave, and wanted me to fill in for him. It was a quick decision, but I had to jump at it. So I'm hanging up the work clothes.

I've been at the job for 2 weeks now. It's been a really crazy switch - from tree work in Carharts and workboots to teaching elementary kids in shorts and gym shoes.

It took a couple days to get back into the teacher mentality, but I really miss it and it came back to me very quickly. I miss so much of the interaction with the kids and the teachers.

So this has spurred me on to prayer concerning life's direction. I'm not quitting the tree business. In fact, I just did a job yesterday. But God has provided another opportunity for me and I'm continuing to challenge the status quo as I pursue this career.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are a man of prayer! m-i-l