Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cold Day - Hot Meal

I told Katie that this is the time of year when I feel like I’m coming alive. Spring is supposed to be the time of new life, but the fall is when I get excited about being outdoors. Today at work was the first cool day of the season – 54 degrees. Of course when you’re in the tree care business, it doesn’t take much to get warmed up and find yourself peeling layers and still sweating. Nonetheless, it was one of those days when you just want a hot cup of coffee for a little warm-up. No such luck.

When I got off work, I realized Katie was already off to class. On the phone, she said she made dinner and it was ready at the house. Here's what I saw when I got home.

The note says that dinner is in the oven (a casserole). The instructions were to turn the oven from "warm" to "350" and set the timer for 20 minutes. That way, when I got out of the shower, dinner would be hot and ready!! Am I describing this scene accurately for you?!? You know those cold days when a hot meal is the best thing you could imagine? This was one of those days!! And I had it thanks to my wife.


Was it ever delicious (her mom's recipe - thanks mom)! But there was way too much to eat, even for a hungry man like myself. So what's a bachelor-for-the-night like me to do? Just read Katie's next note:

It says to put the leftovers in these containers for later. All I can say is that Katie takes such good care of me. Men - I'm learning how much I have to be thankful for in my wife. I really appreciate her efforts and her thoughts. If you're as lucky as I am, you're just that -- lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kms...your mom is proud:)