Saturday, August 02, 2014

Add a Post Title

"It's a rat race." We drive to achieve, please everyone and ourselves, compare to everything we don't have and everyone who we wish we were. And it's a crazy cycle downwards from there. It's no wonder life is exhausting. As I read those last couple lines, they seem almost cliche because I've read them in so many books, heard them at even more conferences, and even felt their reality with leadership teams when we go though assessments and team health. But after reading the introduction to the Search for Significance, I'm reflecting on my notes and realizing it's all true. Well at least it is for me. It often feels like a rat race and that my comparisons are real but they need to be transferred to my Creator. He is where I need to find my significance. And to many days that simply is not the case.

No comments: