Monday, October 23, 2006

Update

Well, it’s officially been three weeks since I’ve blogged. My bad. I can’t really put a finger on what’s been keeping me away. You know the deal – life gets busy. So here’s what I’ll do. I’ll give a quick recap of Oct. 1-23:Friday Oct. 6 – went to Verona’s Homecoming game as they beat McFarland. I can’t even begin to describe how much I miss high school football.

Saturday Oct. 7 – took Katie to New Glarus for Octoberfest. Small-town festival, great beer, and a butcher that sold us pineapple brats. And then we found an antique shop (think Door County – Archives June 4, for those of you keeping score at home). We bought some beer mugs and old Life magazines from the ‘70s.

Monday (Oct. 9) we got very sad news that my grandpa died in the hospital (mom’s dad). This was unexpected so it really took the family by surprise. I had a surreal feeling that afternoon when Katie picked me up. In the stress of my life, I got in the car on the way to see the family and for a few hours, nothing mattered except family and memories of my grandpa. Sad, but thought provoking at the same time.

Tuesday Oct. 10Brett turned 37.

Friday Oct. 13 – we had one of Katie’s co-workers and her boyfriend over. Angela and Billy are really cool people who we hope to get to know better.

Saturday Oct. 14 – I went with Joel Dreier and Matt Ehn to Willy Porter. Joel and I have been to a few of these shows, but unfortunately the best guitar player we’ve ever experienced seems to be catering to an older crowd. Nice music, but not the same as it used to be.

Tuesday Oct. 17 – dad turned 53, so we celebrated at Tony Roma’s (get the honey-glazed ribs).

Saturday Oct. 21 – we had an Impact Day with our Life Group. We raked leaves and helped Kirk and Steph get their house ready for their baby. Then we went with a few friends to the Madison Food and Wine show. Free tickets, great time.

Well, that’s all folks. I really hope to get back on schedule soon here. As always, here's a picture to make this blog entry special.

No comments: